Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I Want My $2.00!!
This is a tower crane at an undisclosed jobsite in an undisclosed state for an undisclosed construction company. My coworker bet me $2.00 that I could not make on the bridge that leads from the undisclosed building to the undisclosed tower crane. (You can see it in the picture below.)
There's me on the undisclosed bridge leading to the tower crane. I got my $2.00 because I'm really not afraid of heights. The bigger problem was the ladder leading to the cab of the crane. The steel contains huge gaping holes that if you acciently pass-out, you would fall through.
I sucked it up, climbed the ladder, and here I am in the cab of the crane. It has a great view of the city (might I add). I was too chicken to climb out on the catwalk on the arm above the cab - it's REALLY high up there, I'm thinking at least another $10.00.
My other co-worker took pictures to prove my deed, and for the next two hours I pestered Rick with "I want my two dollars!!!" (Refer to Better Off Dead.) Unfortunately he paid up really fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
oh dude, go Shelley, my feet are tingling just thinking about it.
how much will it cost me to have you kiss a fish?
so cool!...I would never do that! So kudo's to you.
Janet says she thinks this is all a "put up" with Hollywood props.
I know I would not have been able to have done that. How did you escape our fear of heights?
Beth,
Aren't you just the smarty-pants. I don't think there is enough money in the world for me to kiss a fish.
Dad,
If you want to work your photoshopping magic, can you blur out the name of the building?
Post a Comment